La Esmeralda is one of the first farms in the country planted with elite cacao varieties brought from Trinidad & Tobago, and Costa Rica. It is one of the most recognized and iconic cacao farms in the world. Located in San Francisco de Macorís, Duarte Province, this estate belongs to the Denomination of Origin Los Bejucos, an official denomination established since 2012.
The profile of this chocolate reflects the formidable quality of cacao produced in this farm. The admirable genetic selection planted here has allowed us to obtain important recognitions, such as the "Cocoa of Excellence" award at the International Cocoa Awards - ICA, in 2013.
Medium chocolate notes. Ripe fruits and olive. Light acidity and hints of woods (cedar), and spices.
Innovation and processing
Centralized fermentation & drying at CE.T.I.CO, which stands for Center for the Integral Transformation of Cacao
This is a unique facility conceived by Rizek Cacao to produce the best, distinctive cacao, from wet beans.
- The first fully integrated post-harvest cacao processing center.
- Exclusive methods and equipment for fermentation and drying.
- Microbiological controls.
- Highly qualified professionals.
- Sensory panel.
- Physical and chemical parameters quality control for all batches.