Watch the video: https://youtu.be/Azz08uffXEgIngredients
Chocolate chunk ricotta pancakes with caramelized bananas & Chocodamia
- 100g/4oz plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 120ml milk
- 250g/9oz ricotta cheese
- 25g/1oz butter, melted
- 200g/7oz Kahkow’s 60% Organic Bittersweet Baking Chocolate
- Coconut oil
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 15g/1/2oz unsalted butter
- 100g/4oz white sugar
- 175gr/6oz. Kahkow 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 175ml/6oz. heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 25gr/1oz. chilled butter, cut into cubes
- Mix flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the egg yolks, milk, ricotta cheese and melted butter until well combined.
- Whisk the remaining egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Then, fold through the mix with the chocolate chunks.
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a pan and drop in heaped tablespoons of batter.
- Cook until bubbles start to appear on top, about 1 minute until golden.
- Flip them over and cook for another minute.
- Keep the cooked pancakes warm on a large covered plate.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture, brushing the pan with more oil in between batches.
Melt the butter in a pan over a medium-low heat and add sugar. Stir to dissolve, and then increase the heat. When it starts to caramelize, add the bananas and stir gently for 8-10 minutes until they start to color and caramelize. Remove from heat and set aside.
To serve, stack 3 pancakes on a plate, top with sliced bananas.
Drizzle with warm chocolate sauce and Chocodamia.