Our award-winning Mata Larga Collection One is the first of our series developed from historical cacao varietals. Mata Larga Collection 1 is made with beans from the Rizek Historical Selection, a collection that celebrates the depth and excellence of Rizek Cacao. Mata Larga owes its name to one of the clonal gardens where we have rediscovered and bred cacao varietals that identify this unique chocolate.
Mata Larga is an Experimental Station that specializes in cacao cultivation. Located in San Francisco de Macorís, Duarte province, Mata Larga possesses an experimental area of 75 hectares.
Innovation and processing
CETICO stands for Center for the Integral Transformation of Cacao
This is a unique facility conceived by Rizek Cacao to produce the best, distinctive cacao, from wet beans.
- The first fully integrated post-harvest cacao processing center.
- Exclusive methods and equipment for fermentation and drying.
- Microbiological controls.
- Highly qualified professionals.
- Sensory panel.
- Physical and chemical parameters quality control for all batches.