The bitter orange has a very interesting characteristic… it contains very high aromatic value, which provides the cacao with incredible citric aromas that come through in the final chocolate profiles. We did a play on words for this profile, instead of bitter – we opted for better, since the orange gave it a better profile.
A pleasant sweet citrus notes, followed by a delicate flavor of dried leaves and spices.
Innovation and processing
Centralized fermentation & drying at CE.T.I.CO, which stands for Center for the Integral Transformation of Cacao.
This is a unique facility conceived by Rizek Cacao to produce the best, distinctive cacao, from wet beans.
- The first fully integrated post-harvest cacao processing center.
- Exclusive methods and equipment for fermentation and drying.
- Microbiological controls.
- Highly qualified professionals.
- Sensory panel.
- Physical and chemical parameters quality control for all batches.